Have you been following me on instagram? I’m going to assume all of you said yes! If you’re not you should, click here to follow! Anyways, I had made these marshmallows in Valentines Day themed sprinkles. I left them on the kitchen counter while I was at work for a day or so, I went to photograph them and it turns out Tom, my boyfriend, and his friend had munched the last couple marshmallows only a few days before Valentines Day!! So, these are no longer Valentines Day themed – Sorry! Although these sprinkles from Sweet Estelle make these marshmallows share-able. If you’re looking for a quick and easy last minute treat that will disappear before your eyes, these are your new best friend! Plus they’re great for holidays and different occasions, just change up the sprinkles! And they make a great kid-friendly recipe! Simple, delicious and seriously fast to make, make these for a little pick-me-up with all this snow and/or gray skies. We’ve been lucky enough to enjoy sun and +13 degrees these last few days – I’ve even seen people out in shorts and no jackets in mid February – who knew life on the west coast was so good?! Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- Small saucepan
- Small metal/glass bowl (or a double boiler if you have one!)
- Silpat or Parchment Paper
- 26 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles - optional
- Fill your small sauce pan1/3 of the way with water and let come to a slight boil - I had mine on just below medium.
- Place the chocolate chips in your small bowl - making sure the water from the pot doesn't touch the bottom of your bowl. (If you want to use the microwave you can place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on high for 20 second intervals stirring in between until all chocolate is melted)
- Once your chocolate is melted turn your heat down to low and carefully dip the ends of your marshmallows into your chocolate shaking off any excess chocolate.
- I dipped all my marshmallows before I sprinkled them - If you're worried the chocolate will dry in between you can dip 5, sprinkle, and go on that way.
- Chill in fridge for 30 mins until chocolate sets.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!