Crunchy and salty bits n’ bites that will keep you wanting more!
Happy Friday! Yes, its that time of the week again, gearing up for the weekend, which for most of us means no work. Unless you’re a hairstylist, like myself, then you will probably work Saturdays.. I wish I’m able to categorize myself into those groups of people that have both Saturday and Sunday off, apparently people like to spend their weekends gettin’ pretty! Anyways, its been gloomy, overcast and a tad bit rainy here in good old Victoria. How about you? Have you been snowed in for the last week?! I hope not, but these Homemade Bits n’ Bites will make your snow days a little bit better. This recipe is a family favorite, it’s actually my Auntie Holly’s recipe. I had it for the first time this summer while we were in Ottawa for a family wedding. You won’t be able to put down your bowl, its that good. Now you can add pretzels if you want, I tend to leave them out, only because they’re not my favorite. Although, sometimes I add some extra Crispex, my personal favorite. This makes a great after school treat, or a late night snack. This recipe whips up in a quick 10 minutes, and bakes in the oven for about 2 hours. Perfect time to throw that last load of laundry in, or some extra time to put your feet up! I can’t get enough of these bits n’ bites, we went through the first bag the same day they were made! I hope you guys enjoy these as much as we do!
What You’ll Need
- Oven Safe 9×13 Pan
- Small Saucepan
- 3 cups Shreddies
- 3 cups Crispex
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Using your small sauce pan on low heat (or a microwave safe bowl using 20 seconds intervals) melt your butter.
- While you're waiting for your butter to melt measure out your cereal and pour into your pan.
- Once your butter is melted add in your spices - I find this is the best way to make sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Pour your melted butter over top of your cereal.
- Make sure the cereal is full coated with the melted butter, stirring until its well distributed.
- Place in the oven for 1 1/2- 2 hours, giving it a stir every 45 mins.
- Let cool down before transferring to a large ziplock bag.