No-roll sugar cookies infused with Earl Grey tea with a crisp sugared edge.
Has it been raining where you are all week too? Hopefully you don’t have snow – yet!
We’ve had so much rain. And when it rains nothing is better than a big cup of tea. Actually, you can never go wrong with a big cup of tea.
3 5 batched of these cookies since the beginning of the month, they’re that good.
These are like a big cup of tea in cookie form.
These cookies remind me a little of those cookies you get around Christmas time in the blue tin.
You know the ones, where you expect to find cookies at your grandparents house and instead find sewing things?!
These have those crisp sugared edges but are tender through the center, and they’re packed with vanilla and earl grey flavors. Yum.
You could also call these London Fog Sugar Cookies – if you haven’t had a london fog w
alk run to you local coffee shop and get one. You’ll be happy you listened to me.
A london fog consists of vanilla syrup, steamed milk, earl grey tea and boiling water.
They’re one of my favorite
fall drinks, they’re perfect on all these rainy days we get on the west coast.
They go especially well with stormy walks along the ocean – my personal favorite.
This recipe is a no-roll sugar cookie, but the dough still needs to chill.
I loved how easy it was to roll the dough into a log, roll in decorating sugar, then roll it up in plastic wrap.
From there its right into the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
Once you’re ready to bake just pull them out and slice with a knife. Voila. You’re done.
No sticky counter to clean off, no re-rolling out dough. Just slice and bake. Easy peasy.
Enjoy them on their own, or dunked into a big cup of warm tea!
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (192 grams) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Earl Grey tea leaves*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon decorating sugar
- Using your stand mixer cream the butter with the sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- Add in your egg and vanilla extract mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl measure out your flour, tea leaves, salt and baking powder.
- Add to your butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- On a clean work surface roll out your dough into a log.
- Roll your dough in the decorating sugar and tightly wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice your cookie dough 1/4" thick.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line your baking pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes*
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- *I cut open a tea bag and just measured 1/2 teaspoon from there.
- * When baking be sure not too over bake - the bottoms will brown before the slides or top will.
4 thoughts on “Earl Grey Sugar Cookies”
This cookies are amazing (and super easy)!! Thanks for the great recipe!
I am so glad you enjoyed them Georgia!
I altered the recipe vegan and they came out great! I topped them with a lemon icing and they’re soooooo good
I’m so glad they worked out! That lemon icing sounds perfect!!