This 3 ingredient bark is the easiest treat you’ll make this Halloween!
Eep, you guys. It’s already October. Where did September go?!
This is my favorite time of year. It’s not too hot, not too cold yet – but the sun is still shining.
Really, how could you not love when the leaves are a mixture of green, yellow, orange and red.
Anyways now that October is here, and Leah has her Halloween costume all set, I figured it was time to get my butt in gear and get you guys some new recipes!
Not that this should even be considered a recipe it’s so dang easy.
You’ll need 3 ingredients: Semi-sweet chocolate (I like to use Bakers or Ghiradelli), Orange and Purple candy melts (I used Wilton brand, and found them at my local Michaels). I’ve also added in candy eyes and sprinkles – but those are definitely optional.
This was the first time I’ve made bark with candy melts and swirled them about.
I’ll tell ya, I was a bit skeptical once I had put globs on purple and orange candy melts.
I told Tom that I’m pretty sure I made a mistake and that it wasn’t going to turn out.
Well I’ll be darned – it turned out and was so stinkin’ easy.
Just stick that toothpick in swirl away.
I went side to side and then top to bottom.
then all thats left is to add your candy eyes and sprinkles!
Tah-dah. Done in a whole 10 mins flat – if that!
- 10oz semi-sweet chocolate - I use Bakers or Ghiradelli
- 2 oz orange candy melts
- 2oz purple candy melts
- candy eyes and sprinkles - optional
- First, you'll want to line your cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a silpat.
- Then, melti your semi-sweet chocolate in 30 second intervals until its fully melted.
- Spread the semi sweet chocolate over the lined cookie sheet - be sure not to spread it too thin.
- Melt the orange candy melts in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Spoon blobs over the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Repeat with the purple candy melts.
- Now, take your toothpick and swirl away.
- I went side to side and then top to bottom.
- Then pressed in my candy eyes and sprinkles.
- Wait until the chocolate has set- about an hour in the fridge.
- Break apart and enjoy!