Soft & tender two bite mini chocolate chip cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe! No chilling required!
Hi! I have been the worst at being on the blog these past few weeks. It has been gorgeous here. Like heat-wave for a few weeks. Which wasn’t so bad at the beginning, I mean how can you be upset at the first few weeks of summer being sunny and warm and perfect?! But since we haven’t had rain since the end of May our forest fire was set at extreme and there has been a fire ban since mid June. This rarely happens on Vancouver Island – maybe in July or August we get a fire ban. But since we haven’t had a full day of rain there have been so many forest fires all over BC. A few weeks ago there was a fire about 4 hours up island from us and it spread to about 200 hectares(!!) which meant that down here in Victoria our skies were hazey, yellow and orange. Every so often you would see ash falling from the sky! I’ve never experienced anything like it.
Ok, enough about forest fires and heat waves. Let me tell you about these. I’ve named them my new favorite cookie.
I’m sure you want to know why I’ve named these my new favorite. There are a few reasons.
1) There is no chilling time. Hooray! That means no waiting around for that dough to chill. Which in turn means cookies now.
2) There is a full box of instant pudding mix in there bad boys. Can you say soft and chewy!?
3) They remind me a little of my childhood. You know those Pillsbury cookies?! This is what reminds me of them.
4) They’re bite size so I don’t feel so bad
scarfing gracefully eating 2, or 3.
This recipe makes about 75 mini cookies. Which for any house is a lot of cookies. I took half of mine and into a large ziplock bag they went. Right into the depths of my black hole freezer.
That didn’t stop Tom from religiously opening up the freezer and taking one or two of the frozen cookies. They’re actually pretty good frozen too, especially over a bowl of ice cream on a hot night. You’re welcome for that.
Get a tall glass of milk, or a bowl of ice cream ready. This will become a favorite recipe in your house too!
What You’ll Need
- Cookie Sheet
- Silpat or Parchment Paper
- Stand Mixer
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Cookie Scoop (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box Jello instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with Silpat or Parchment and set aside.
- Using a mixer beat your butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In your small bowl combine the flour, vanilla pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients on slow - scraping the sides as needed.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough onto your pan - I could fit about 15 cookies onto 1 sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for 5-7 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.