You are going to love these gooey, chewy, mars bar filled rice krispie squares! The extra marshmallows will give you an extra chewy square. I chose to add the mars bars at the end so they don’t completely melt and give you a chocolate rice krispie square. These squares are a perfect treat for sharing and are so easy to make! Whenever I make rice krispies I made a small batch to send to my moms house, the 8 x 8 pan. If you don’t want to use two pans you can either make a thicker rice krispie square with the same amount of ingredients, or you can decrease the amount of rice krispies by 2 cups and don’t add the extra marshmallows. These are a huge hit and don’t last very long! Bring these to your next summer BBQ, everyone will love them!
What You’ll Need
- Large Pot
- Large Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 9 x 13 pan
- 8 x 8 pan (optional – see note in recipe)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag marshmallows plus 12 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups rice krispies
- 2 cups chopped up mars bars
- In your large pot melt your butter on low-medium heat.
- While your melting your butter, lightly grease your 9x13 and 8x8 - see note below
- Once your butter is almost all the way melted add your marshmallows and vanilla and melt completely - stirring constantly.
- While your marshmallows are melted measure out your rice krispies into your large bowl.
- Once your marshmallows are completely melted stir in the rice krispies until throughly combined.
- Now, stir in your chopped mars bats and mix until just combined - you dont want to want to fully melt the mars bars.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- *Note the 8 x 8 pan is optional you can either make a thicker square in the 9 x 13 or reduce the rice krispies by 2 cups and don't add the extra marshmallows.