Thick, gooey and chewy nutella rice krispie squares. You guys are going to love these! I’m not too sure how this recipe hasn’t crossed my mind earlier?! This recipe is stuffed with extra marshmallows, vanilla extract and creamy nutella. Seriously, chocolatey hazelnut rice krispies? Sunday seemed to be a no-bake sorta day. Our apartment has been soo hot lately – how did I forget that being on the top floor is horrid in the summer?! These treats take about 20mins on your stove, then I like to pop my tray of squares into the fridge to let them set. The quicker they set, the faster they can get eaten right?? Plus I really like how they get kinda crunchy when they’ve been in the fridge for a few hours, yet they’re still soo chewy. Like my Mars Bar Rice Krispies and Peanut Butter Rice Krispies the extra 8 x 8 pan isn’t totally necessary! See I always make a little bit extra so I can make a pan to send over to my moms. So, if you won’t want to use the 8×8 you have two choices. 1) Just don’t use the 8×8 and make a thicker rice krispie square – with all those extra marshmallows – trust me its worth it. Or 2) Ditch the extra marshmallows, leave our 2 cups of the rice krispies and just use your 9 x 13 pan. Which ever sounds like a better plan to you is good by me. Although I’m hoping you went all out and kept all those extra marshmallows in there. Enjoy these gooey, chewy nutella filled bars while they last!
What You’ll Need
- Large Pot
- Large Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 9 x 13 pan
- 8 x 8 pan (optional – see note in recipe)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag marshmallows plus 12 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 8 cups rice krispies
- In your large pot melt your butter, marshmallows, nutella and vanilla - stirring constantly.
- While your melting your butter, lightly grease your 9x13 and 8x8 - see note below
- While your marshmallows are melting measure out your rice krispies into your large bowl.
- Once your marshmallows are completely melted stir in the rice krispies until throughly combined.
- Transfer your rice krispie mixture to you greased pan(s) and press into place with parchment paper - this way you don't burn your fingers, and you don't have strings of marshmallows all over your hands.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- *Note the 8 x 8 pan is optional you can either make a thicker square in the 9 x 13 or reduce the rice krispies by 2 cups and don't add the extra marshmallows.