Do you have a freezer full of those brown over ripe bananas waiting to be used?! This is the recipe to make. You won’t feel so guilty after you eat half the loaf. This recipe has no butter, oil, refined sugar, or gluten! But you can always substitute the brown rice flour for all-purpose or any other gluten free flours you have. It is moist and so delicious. If you wanted to you can skip the chocolate chips, leave it plain or add some chopped nuts. You wouldn’t even know that this recipe is gluten free, its light and fluffy. You should make this, as a loaf or as mini muffins – or even regular muffins! If you are going to make these into mini muffins change your baking time to 12 minutes. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 8″ Loaf Pan
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
Serves: 2 x 8" loaves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas - about 4-5 medium bananas
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - optional
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees.
- Spray you 8" loaf pans with non-stick spray and set aside - I only have one pan and just cooked the second loaf once the first one was cool enough to remove from the pan.
- Using the large bowl mix together the eggs, honey, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine the brown rice flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Slowly Mix the dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture until well combined.
- Mix in the mashed bananas until fully combined - make sure your bananas are very well mashed.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Split the mixture between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes - until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.