I should apologize in advance for telling you that you can have a batch of hot donuts from the oven in 10 minutes. These adorable donuts are so light and fluffy, they almost taste like a cupcake. These are easy to make and are even easier to eat! They have those crispy edges with soft, moist insides. The frosting ties the whole donut together. Are you convinced you need a donut pan yet? Have I mentioned they are baked and not fried? You must be convinced by now. I bought mine from target for $8, and let me tell you, it was worth every penny. Enjoy the cake batter-y goodness with a good cup of coffee!
What You’ll Need
- Large Bowl
- Donut Pan
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Small Bowl
- Wire Cooling Rack
Funfetti Cake Batter Baked Donuts
Serves: 12 Donuts
- 2 and 3/4 cups cake mix - I used vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1tbsp milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Sprinkles - optional
- Peaheat your oven to 425 degrees and grease your donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Whisk by hand until all combined.
- Pour batter into a large ziplock and cut a small corner to pipe into your donut pan.
- Fill the donut pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes - mine were done at 7 minutes so just make sure to watch.
- Let the donuts cool for 5 minutes before transferring to your wire cooling rack.
- Repeat for the rest of your batter - making sure to re-grease your pan between batches.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste until smooth.
- Once your donuts are completely cool ice them and add sprinkles onto if you want!
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two days.
*Donuts originally from Cookies and Cups