Bite size Twix stuffed into a thick fudge-y brownie drizzled with caramel. Are you running to your kitchen yet? These chewy brownies are rich and decadent. I used the same base in these as my Ultimate Chocolate Nut Brownies – which are sooo good if you haven’t tried them yet – I took out the pecans and walnuts and stuffed these guys with bite sized pieces of a Twix bar. Yes, that means there is caramel oozing from the inside and topped with a thick drizzle – a caramel lovers dream. I highly suggest lining your pan with either parchment paper or aluminum foil, it will make it so much easier trying to remove them from the pan. I unfortunately did not, and fought with the first brownie I removed from the pan. Serve these perfectly gooey brownies right away with warm caramel, and maybe even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
What You’ll Need
- 8 x 8″ Pan
- Stand or Electric Mixer
- Medium Bowl
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped twix bars - about 12 fun size bars cut into thirds
- 15-20 Kraft caramels
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt - set aside.
- With your stand mixer on medium speed mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add your cocoa mixture to your wet ingredients on low speed.
- Once thoroughly mixed fold in the twix bars
- Grease your 8 x 8 pan and pour in the batter - you can also line your pan with tin foil or parchment paper and once finished baking it makes it a little easier to remove the brownies.
- Make sure the batter is smooth on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes - don't over bake!
- Once brownies are completely cooled melt you caramels with the heavy cream in a small saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Once the caramel is thoroughly melted immediately drizzel - or pour - over brownies and serve!
- Store in an air container for up to 5 days.
2 thoughts on “Twix Brownies”
What is the recipe for the caramel drizzle?
Hi Janae! I didn’t even realize I hadn’t posted it – sorry! I melted down 15-20 Kraft caramels over low heat with 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream constantly stirring until the caramel is melted.Let me know how they turn out!