A sweet treat you and your family won’t be able to resist that comes together in a quick 20 mins!
Happy Saturday! I actually made this recipe in hopes to post it for Valentines Day, but miss Leah decided she wanted to make her grand entrance instead. So here we are, 6 months later and you’re finally getting this recipe.
Muddy buddies are such an easy treat – and generally gluten free. Now, because I used cake mix in this version it won’t be gluten free.
If you haven’t tried muddy buddies before, trust me you won’t be disappointed in how easy and good these are.
See all those little heart sprinkles? Sorry Valentines day, maybe next year you’ll get your recipe posted on time.
This recipe is easy and comes together in 20 mins – if that.
You’ll need 5 ingredients: white chocolate wafers, red candy melts, powdered sugar, strawberry cake mix and chex cereal.
I made these the same day we had some friends come over for some games, and they got devoured.
It’s almost too easy to constantly snack on these – sorry skinny jeans, but its summer and that’s what those flowy dresses are for right?! 😉
- 5oz white chocolate - I used bakers
- 5oz red candy melts
- 5 cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix - unprepared
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Separate your Chex cereal into 2 medium bowls with 2 1/2 cups each.
- In a small bowl melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals stirring until melted.
- Pour over one bowl of Chex cereal stirring until all the cereal is coated making sure not to break up the cereal too much.
- Add your powdered sugar until everything is evenly coated - set aside.
- Melt the red candy melts at 30 second intervals stirring until melted.
- Pour over the second bowl of cereal and stir until the cereal is coated.
- Add the strawberry cake mix and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour both bowls over a piece of parchment paper or silpat and let set for 30 minutes.
- Combine and enjoy!