You are going to love these peanut butter rice krispie squares because they are so quick and easy to whip up. These treats are so gooey and chewy – those 12 extra marshmallow do the trick perfectly. And if you like peanut butter, even just a little bit, you’ll love these. They have the perfect amount of peanut butter, enough to taste it, but not enough it masks the taste of the marshmallows. These squares are a little thicker than some other squares. If you want to make then a little thinner, just grease an extra pan – an 8×8 works perfect – and press the remaining mixture into the second pan. I like to store mine in an air tight container in the fridge, it makes them a little crunchier but still gooey. They are addicting and once you have one bite I think you’ll agree why!
What You’ll Need
- Large Pot
- Large Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 9 x 13 Pan
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag plus 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups rice krispies
- Spray your 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Measure out 8 cups of rice krispies and set aside in large bowl.
- In your large pot melt the butter, peanut butter and marshmallows on low-medium heat until all the peanut butter and marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in half the rice krispies until mixed using your wooden spoon
- Add the other half of the cereal and stir until fully coated with the peanut butter marshmallow mixture.
- *You can make these squares a little thinner and press the remaining mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Press into the 9 x 13 pan and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Cut into 2" squares and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week - if they last that long!