A twist on a classic cereal treat, filled with chocolate chips and smooth peanut butter.
Do you know what today is? It’s Stacey’s Recipes 1st birthday! Time has escaped me, I can’t believe its been a full year. Thanks to everyone who reads all my run on sentences and comments! Anyways, enough about me, and lets get to the real reason why you’re here..These peanut butter chocolate bars. Yum. Let me tell you about these glorious bars. A twist on the classic Rice Krispie Squares. I have always loved
plain all cheerios, they’re probably my favorite cereal. How boring right?! These bars are anything but boring. They’re made the exact same way as Rice Krispies, just swap the cereal to plain cheerios, or if you can get your hands on them, Peanut butter Cheerios. If you live in the States, you can probably find them, if you’re in Canada, its probably a hit or a miss. Most likely a miss though – sorry! Smother the Cheerios in a thick marshmallow, peanut butter, chocolate glaze. The chewier and goo-ier the bars, the better – in my eyes. Once you’ve pressed the chocolate chips into the top, let them set and dive in. I don’t think you’ll be able to stop at just one bar!
What You’ll Need
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Bowl
- 9 x 13″ Pan
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 6 cups cheerios
- Using your saucepan melt the butter and marshmallows on low-medium heat until almost fully melted.
- While melting your marshmallows, measure out the cheerios in your bowl and grease your pan.
- Once your marshmallows are almost melted, mix in the peanut butter and 1 cup of your chocolate chips.
- Mix in your cheerios and press into your greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of your cheerio bars.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.