Sweet and crunchy nutella muddy buddies. Have you tried muddy buddies before – aka puppy chow, and no I promise this isn’t actual puppy food! I’ve seen recipes for muddy buddies everywhere. I had never tried them before, and oh man, I can’t believe I’ve never had them before this. It is so addicting – don’t say I didn’t warn you! This recipe is easy – can you tell I’m all about the easy recipes?? Since its still been pretty warm here I’ve opted out of using the oven as much as I can. This recipe makes 9 cups, and trust me, it doesn’t last! You’ll be snacking on this all day. These nutella muddy buddies are also gluten-free. I love that these are gluten-free because most snacks that don’t have gluten are pretty boring and lacking in flavor. Everyone is going to love these – a total crowd pleaser! Bring these to your next party – you might want to even double the recipe! Do you have a favorite muddy buddy flavor? Be sure to let me know!
What You’ll Need
- Large Bowl
- Small Saucepan
- Parchment Paper
- Large Ziplock Bag
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 nutella
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- In your small saucepan melt your butter, chocolate chips and nutella on low-medium heat - stirring consistently.
- While that is melting measure out your chex cereal in a large bowl, and put your icing sugar in your large ziplock bag.
- Once melted stir in the vanilla extract and pour over the chex cereal and carefully stir - try not to crush the cereal.
- Once your nutella mixture is evenly mixed pour your cereal into the ziplock bag.
- Make sure your ziplock bag is fully closed and coat your cereal in the icing sugar.
- Once you've fully coated the cereal, evenly distribute on the parchment paper and let set for half an hour.