Thick, creamy strawberry ice cream filled with real strawberries, just in time for summer – no machine required!
Happy Friday! The best day of the week, yes? It leads right into the weekend, and for most – no work! Yipee. Which also means today is the day to make this No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream. It’ll be ready for Saturday afternoon. The perfect time to enjoy a bowl of homemade ice cream, in the sunshine – hopefully! My favorite part of this recipe? No. Ice Cream. Machine. Required! Yep, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make this amazing homemade ice cream. I love this cause’ I may have the smallest kitchen known to man and I 1) don’t have any counter space to spare and 2) have absolutely no storage space for another kitchen appliance. So, from here on out it’s no churn ice cream for this girl. I mean how could you even tell this wasn’t made with an ice cream machine?
Let me just tell you how good it is.. So so good. I used fresh local strawberries and it was so worth it. They really shine in this recipe. Now its pretty darn easy to make. Mix some ingredients in a bowl. Whip some whipping cream. Fold it all together. Throw into the freezer. BAM. Just like that you’ve made homemade ice cream. Now, one thing I do recommend is keeping the whipping cream in the fridge until you’re ready to start whipping it, also using real whipping cream. I have’t tried it with cool whip – if you give it a go. Let me know how it goes! I threw all this into the largest glass tupperware container I had. But you can also put it in a loaf pan and tightly cover it while its freezing – your call.
This ice cream is exploding with real strawberry flavor, it’s so creamy, and ridiculously easy. Just think of all the possibilities! They’re endless. What is your favorite ice cream flavor, or do you have a favorite combination of flavors? Be sure to let me know below in the comments!
What You’ll Need
- Large Bowl
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Freeze Safe Container
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter - melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries - divided
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring - optional
- Wash and hull your strawberries and cut into 1/4 - 1/2" sized pieces.
- Puree 1 cup of your strawberries - set aside.
- In your large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and pureed strawberries.
- **Using your stand or hand mixer whip the whipping cream until it has firm peaks.
- Fold the whipping cream, strawberries and food coloring (optional) Into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into your freezer safe container and let freeze for at least 6 hours - over night is best!
- **The whipping cream has to stay very cold for this recipe to turn out - keep the whipping cream in the ridge until you're ready to whip it.**