This is one of my go-to recipes. Its easy to prep the sauce and throw the thighs into the oven right when I get home from work. The chicken is tender, while the sauce is thick and gooey – and almost reminds me of a sweet and sour sauce. I like to serve it over garlic rice. These won’t last long – well, they don’t in my house.
What you’ll need
- 9 x 13 pan
- Small saucepan
- 2/3 cup grape jelly
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup minced onions
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 chicken thighs - skin and bones removed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan stir together the grape jelly, ketchup, onions - I prefer to use shallots- white vinegar and dry mustard.
- Cook over medium heat until all of the grape jelly is melted and it comes to a slight boil - remove from heat.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the pan.
- Pour the grape jelly mixture over the chicken and turn pieces to make sure both sides are coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the chicken is tender.