These gluten-free cookies are perfect, and taste just like the real thing! I’ve had a hard time coming across a gluten-free cookie that doesn’t taste like crunchy cardboard – dry and flavourless. Well these are just the opposite. They are soft, chewy and moist- but not in a greasy way – and no one even knew they were gluten-free. They are easy to make and take just a little bit of extra patience measuring out the flour – as there are a few types in this recipe. Otherwise a pretty fool-proof recipe! Although the sprinkled sea salt is optional, I would highly suggest it. It makes these cookies taste just a little bit sweeter. If you’ve been on the search for a good gluten-free cookie recipe, this is it! Give this recipe a try today – be sure to have a tall glass of milk ready!
What You’ll Need
- Stand Mixer
- Medium Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Silpat or Parchment Paper
- Wire Cooking Rack
- Cookie Scoop – optional
- Coarse Sea Salt – optional
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips - I used a mix of semi sweet and milk.
- Coarse Sea Salt - for sprinkling tops - optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheets with your silpat - set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the white flour, potato starch, tapioca four, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Using your stand mixer cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar - scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, making sure its throughly combined before next addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- With your mixer on low speed slowly add your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips with your spatula.
- Drop Dough onto your baking sheets - about 1-2 tablespoons in size - spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes - until golden brown around the edges.
- Be sure to check at 9 minutes as mine were done then.
- Sprinkle tops with your sea salt and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to your cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week.
2 thoughts on “Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Being strictly gluten free, it is really hard to find baked good that aren’t heavy and tasteless. These cookies are Ah-mazing! They were moist, chocolatey and the sea-salt just adds that little extra something! Gluten-free can be good and these cookies prove that!
So glad you liked them!