After ruining what easily felt like a hundred batches of rice, I finally came across an easy and great recipe. I’ve used rice cookers before and somehow still ended up with terrible rice. I decided to ditch the rice cooker and just stick with using a pot.
What You’ll Need
- Small sauce pan with lid
Garlic Butter Rice
- 1 cup of rice
- 1-2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- Melt your butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add garlic and rice- I prefer to use White Basmati Rice.
- Stir until well combined.
- Let your rice mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Add your water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat - this is when I like to fluff the rice with a fork just to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan - let sit covered for another 10 minutes.