Crunchy and chewy Rice Krispie squares dotted with speckled M&M Easter eggs.
Happy Easter(Sunday)! Hope you are enjoying your day off with family, its been a beautiful sunny day here in Victoria. Cold, but sunny. And when I say cold I mean +11 degrees with a good gust of sea wind.
We are all I’m a wuss, I wouldn’t last a week in the snow. I cant wait until summer is here and its +25 all the time. That would be my idea weather all the time, although its only for one month of the year here, but I’ll take it.
Do you have kids? or any younger family member that you still do Easter egg hunts? All my family is too old now, I’m just waiting for someone close to me to have kids, so that I can have all the fun with them. These Rice Krispie squares are a perfect after Easter treat. They’re a great way to use up any extra candy you have hanging about. Plus, they’re so easy to make. I find myself snacking on these too often. I’ll walk by the pan and cut a small sliver off. Pretty well every time. I need to get these out of my house asap. Before I eat the whole pan. Make these so you can enjoy all the goodness that is stuffed into these Rice Krispies! I mean the pastel colors aren’t too hard on the eyes either! Enjoy your Easter Sunday!
What You’ll Need
- Large Pot
- Medium Bowl
- 9 x 13″ Pan
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup Easter M&Ms +a few to press into the top after ( I used the speckled egg ones)
- In your large pot melt your butter and marshmallows.
- While that it melting, grease your pan, and then add your vanilla to your marshmallow mixture.
- Once the marshmallows are fully melted, stir in your rice krispies.
- Quickly stir in your M&M's and press into your greased pan.
- If you want, press a few extra M&M's into the top, this is optional.
- Let set for an hour before serving.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week, or freeze up to 3 months.